Community

Community
A description has not yet been added to this group.

NewEgg & PayPal: Egg comes out stinky on this one

• RoddyR:
    Through out this whole thing all I've been asking for is more time.  I know for a fact that Newegg is working on a solution.  There were in fact SEVERAL meetings yesterday to discuss this issue.  I'm sure we will all hear something today.

People that say we should make a formal announcement... YES... we agree!  We need some decisions made before we can do that.

Those that want an "official" thread created... we will do that when we have the solution in hand.  I will send an email blast to all EggXperts, make a front page announcement as well as a forum announcement.  We are on it.  We are listening, and as the rest of you, we are waiting to hear from the decision makers.

Now there is someone worth listening to ...
    [ Edit ] (this is not a cynical comment.  It's sincere.)

[edited by: vois2]
  • Well that's good news. If you are going to email all the Eggxpert users I can stop checking back every few hours for an answer. A better idea, Maybe you should email ALL of your customers that made a order on 11/26. An official list of qualified customers/order numbers would be nice as well.

Thanks, Mike

• Thank you for the update.
  • This is a blanket email I received from paypal@newegg.com in responce to an email I sent them about the 20% cash back. This email was received at 2:57am pst on the 28th of November

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your inquiry about our Paypal promotion.

Unfortunately, the promotion has ended before noon on 11/26/2007.  This promotion was sponsored by Paypal which a set amount of funds were provided for the promotion, and all orders must be placed while supplies lasts.  Please know that the cash back is not provided through Newegg, nor does Newegg have any control over the promotion. 

We are currently working with Paypal to see if a list could be provided for all of the orders that qualified and was placed in time for the promotion. If you are not sure if your order was qualified or not, please contact us within a few days for more information.  We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please feel free to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely, 

xxxx xxx

Customer Service from Newegg  

• oops, dbl post 

[edited by: tuksonrider]
  • Thank you all for your patience and understanding. This situation is definitely uncommon, and we are working very hard to get this issue resolved.

As Roddy said, we will definitely keep you posted once the final results are in. Meanwhile, please don't forget to PM with your newegg login (email) and I will be happy to send you a free Newegg.com gift. I apologize for not being able to respond to everyone's inquiries via PM, however, I will send you a free gift if I get your login :-)

• Ha... Everybody stopped the discussion and are sending PMs to jason for the free gift... clever Wink

[edited by: andydepr]
  • Jas0n:
      Meanwhile, please don't forget to PM with your newegg login (email) and I will be happy to send you a free Newegg.com gift. I apologize for not being able to respond to everyone's inquiries via PM, however, I will send you a free gift if I get your login :-)

Is it one of the newly created "It's all PayPal's Fault!!" t-shirts? If so I want one, they'll be collectors items. Wink 

• Vroomfondel:
    Jas0n:
      Meanwhile, please don't forget to PM with your newegg login (email) and I will be happy to send you a free Newegg.com gift. I apologize for not being able to respond to everyone's inquiries via PM, however, I will send you a free gift if I get your login :-)

Is it one of the newly created "It's all PayPal's Fault!!" t-shirts? If so I want one, they'll be collectors items. Wink 

ROFL  ...more clever

I need mine  XL,please

[edited by: andydepr]
  • I just heard about this problem, I ordered @ 12:30 est and hope I get my discount. It's not much, but everything counts!!
  • Thanks for everyone's replies and comments in this post.  I was one of those folks who was waiting until later that night to place my order but, fortunately or not, I missed the deadline.  I sincerely hope NewEgg and PayPal partner better next time for something like this.  I can only think that PayPal's allocated funds for this were under $100.
  • erk:
    Sederien:

VChuck:
    erk:
    Notice the children with the badges?(Sederian wants to join the bunboy Eggspurt double A club too!)

anyone really like rhubarb? Or do they all just say that for kicks?

Hey!  I never said that...

Although I will say... rhubarb is surprisingly tangy and tasty.

I think VChuck put his reply in your quote by accident. Also, I'm with BlueFlamme on this one. I never would have known this place existed without this mess.

*sings* Always look on the bright side of life... *whistles*

• check out this e-mail that I got back from paypal.  my original inquiry asked what the deal with the promotion was, and I sent this Monday night:

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in
    responding to your service request.

Adam, I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.  Newegg.com
    ended participation in the cash back promotion at 4:26 PM CST on
    November 26.  If your purchase was made before this time, it can qualify
    for the cash back.  The cash back will be paid out by January 31.

Thank you for being a valuable member of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,
    Lori
    Consumer Support
    PayPal, an eBay Company

Newegg ended it?! I smell something fishy via paypal.  I still have way too much respect for NE, and I'm not even a fanboy.  I seriously hate paypal though [for multiple reasons I won't go into here].  I think I regret even using paypal to make the purchase, 20% or not.

[edited by: DeskLazer]
  • Alls well that ends well.  I'm not too empathetic for people trying to get under the radar on this.  For the most part Newegg treats most well.  That the consumer wants 20% off is no surprise, just like a merchant would like to charge 20% more.  Yeah it was a kind of wtf, hopefully this snafu won't happen again, lol.

[edited by: FunkPhenomena]
  • I will hold off on PMing Jas0n for the free gift until I find out how I am affected by this. If my order does go through as being qualified for the discount then I can skip the gift. I'll then save it for someone who wasn't so lucky.