Archive 2007-2013

Archive 2007-2013
RIP EggXpert 2007-2013

Asus G55VW-DH71 Incorrect Specs

• A few weeks ago I found a laptop on Newegg that was perfect for my school work, since my current one was no longer cutting it. The Asus G55VW-DH71 had a 2.3ghz Intel Core i7 3610QM, 12gigs of memory, a 256 SSD and a 750 HHD and with a 15.6" screen, or so the site said, it was a pre-order coming out with Windows 8 on October 26th. When I received the laptop on the 26th I realized that the laptop I got was not the same as the laptop on the site, so I called Newegg customer service and talked to Mercedes. She told me that she would put in an investigation for this case and to send her pictures of the box and the laptop, telling me that it would take 5-7 days to hear a response, because the 26th was Friday and it was the end of the day the tech dept. wouldn't even be able to look at it until Mon. I email Mercedes the picture over the weekend and she replied on Monday saying she would put in the request and I stated that this laptop was for school, she said she would put it on priority for me. Over the course of the next work week Newegg changed the specs on the Asus G55VW-DH71 to what the computer's specs I received actually were. I waited until Tuesday the 6th of November hoping to hear something from some one, Nothing. I spent 20 mins on the phone trying to get a hold of customer service with no one answering, I finally just hopped on the Chat feature and talked to Abby about this whole thing. She is telling me that the original request was never put in and I just stated I received the wrong item and wanted Tech Support to check this for me. Abby is now telling me that it will be another 3-5 and she said she would put it in a high priority. With this I am now waiting atleast 2 weeks to find out if I can even get the computer that I originally ordered, if I am just out of luck, or if anything is even going to happen.

I am also wondering if anyone else had this problem with the laptop specs? or If I am the only one who bought this laptop? I don't see how I can be if the laptop was sold out the day it came out and then discontinued the week after, when Newegg changed the specs on the site. Anyone know what the likelihood of me being able to get the correct laptop is or what is going to happen?

• Djkdawg:

When I received the laptop on the 26th I realized that the laptop I got was not the same as the laptop on the site

Out of curiosity, what was different about it? 

Also, if you send user "TGIFreddy" a PM (he is egg staff who handles customer issues) he can better assist you with this issue.

• I received the same screw up. The specs on the computer i received are as follows different from order. 8gb ram, 500gb hdd, and 660m graphics card. i just made a break through with negotiating, because i was able to find the listed archived on google. google the model # and newegg for your proof.
  • After I posted, I was emailed by someone from Newegg and so far they have only told me that they confirmed the laptop sent to me was the correct laptop compared to the one on the site. Like Lammers87 said the Memory, Video card,and Hard Drives were different, and also the processor was different.
  • The computer is now listed at 1199.99 on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230589
  • The conclusion with all of this, after talking, chatting, and emailing to 5 different people (1 was a manager), is that they will only give a full refund for the laptop. With a little more complaining, they will provide a gift card to cover shipping costs. They have graciously agreed to providing a bit more compensation if I decide to purchase another laptop from them in the future. All in all, I have mixed feelings about this whole ordeal with Newegg. I have been using them to build computers for 5 years now and this is the first time I have had a complaint, but it is such a big ordeal and debacle that I am not sure if it is all worth it.
  • Did you ever pm tgifreddy like iron man suggested? chances are he could have handled it all for you with less hassle. 

Regardless, glad you got it sorted out. Yes