Product Support

Product Support
A description has not yet been added to this group.

$1000 gaming rig?

• Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to put into a $1000 dollar gaming pc. I already have and HD monitor and a nice keyboard and mouse so you don't need to add that. I haven't built a pc before so I wanna make sure I get the right parts. I have this right now, but someone gave it 3 eggs and i was wondering what i can do to improve it; while still staying under the $1000 dollar mark.(or at least near it)

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=16056345

Thanks,

DyjendoGuns

• dyjendo262:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to put into a $1000 dollar gaming pc. I already have and HD monitor and a nice keyboard and mouse so you don't need to add that. I haven't built a pc before so I wanna make sure I get the right parts. I have this right now, but someone gave it 3 eggs and i was wondering what i can do to improve it; while still staying under the $1000 dollar mark.(or at least near it)

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=16056345

Thanks,

DyjendoGuns

Drop the 6 core CPU, it'll be a long time before games will use let alone need 6 cores...I'd spend a bit extra to go with an i5-2500k and P67 mobo if I were you, or atleast grab a phenom ii x4 and save $40.

Video card is a bit of an odd choice, kind of an old card and the 470's ran hot and loud, if you really wanna go Nvidia I'd go a little more expensive and look at the 560 ti though if you're doing an AMD build might wanna look into an AMD card for crossfire potential in the future.

• Cool, as I said i am not experienced at all when it comes to this so I am very thankful for your help.
  • How is it now? If you really think i should go with intel then let me know but I dont see anything wrong with amd

• dyjendo262:

How is it now? If you really think i should go with intel then let me know but I dont see anything wrong with amd

Nothing wrong with AMD at all, I suggested the 2500k since atm it's pretty much the top of the line gaming CPU and a pretty fair price also...that said, I'm sure an amd quad core will be more than enough for your build if you prefer AMD.

Couple quick things, since you have some breathing room in your budget, 6950 instead of the 6870(might wanna grab a little higher watt PSU if you do this if you plan on doing crossfire in the future) and look into the Phenom ii x4 900 series black edition CPU's, the Phenom i 800 series like the 840 you chose are just athlon ii's with the phenom name, they lack the L3 cache the "real" phenom ii's have...you can get an Phenom ii x4 955 BE for only $10 more it'll give you the L3 cache and an unlocked multiplier for very easy and very high overclocking potential.

• Thanks, I probably will do crossfire later so how many watts do you think ill need? 850w be enough? or should i bump up to 950?
  • Na, 850 Wat is PLENTY! Even if you wanted to do X fire.. :)  You can run a 6870 off a 600 Wat + the rest you your build, So 850 is the most you need to go.
  • Thanks alot guys You were a real help