Discussion {{'2011-08-07T22:53:36-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Cable Management!

So I just finished my build about 3 weeks ago and it was my first time building, I then helped my buddy build his the other day and we did a really good job at cable management so I wanted to re-do my whole set up and this what i ended up with... id say its a pretty damn good job for being a non-modular PSUBu...

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

6 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2017-08-11T05:21:35-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
This manufacture is gone for making a gaming PC that performs conventionally well for as meager cash as could be expected under the circumstances. It compromises on any kind of fancy odds and ends, Do My Homework | Homework Clock picking only for segments that give the best execution in the base value level.
Written on {{'2011-08-08T09:41:10-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="kunzy"]

[Y]

I kind of like doing cable management.  This last build I did, I used a modular PSU and I will say it makes it nice.  Next step is to make my own cables.  :)   Probably won't get that motivated though.

There was one fella on here somewhere (forgive me for forgetting who it was) but he actually soldered the individual wires for the ATX power connector to the underside of his MB so you couldn't even see it.

[/quote]

now thats some real cable management hahaha 

Written on {{'2011-08-08T09:00:13-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Written on {{'2011-08-08T06:07:53-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I'd avoid the GS PSU...   Don't like them, they use sleeve fans instead of ball bearing which is a huge step backwards in PSU tech just to save a buck...  I think they're an embarassment to Corsair's lineup of PSUs..  Apparently Corsair wants to take us back to the mid-90s again where PSUs burned up because their fans failed..  Sleeve fans are not at all reliable or suitable for low-maintenance long-term use..  All PSU makers that I'm aware of stopped using them back in the 90s, but I guess since Corsair hasn't been around in the PSU market that long, they just don't realize the mess they're getting themselves into (Class action is probably right around the corner).

I'd definitely get an Antec Earthwatts or similar over that GS series PSU.. Make sure you have a spare power cord at home if you do get the Earthwatts as they don't come with them.

If you don't mind taking your PSU apart and manually oiling your PSU fan every couple years (assuming the PSU even lasts that long) then perhaps a sleeve fan is a fun way to save $1.50.. But for the overwhelming majority of people, it just makes sense to get a PSU with a ball bearing fan that will last..

Heck, even the Chinese PSU manufs. know better than to put a sleeve fan in a PSU... For shame Corsair.. for shame..

Written on {{'2011-08-08T05:57:32-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Looks awesome. My computer's cable management is absolutely horrid. I need to get around to fixing it, but I'm just a little lazy.

Needz moar lites

Written on {{'2011-08-07T23:58:57-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[Y]

I kind of like doing cable management.  This last build I did, I used a modular PSU and I will say it makes it nice.  Next step is to make my own cables.  :)   Probably won't get that motivated though.

There was one fella on here somewhere (forgive me for forgetting who it was) but he actually soldered the individual wires for the ATX power connector to the underside of his MB so you couldn't even see it.

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 6 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2017-08-11T05:21:35-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback