Discussion {{'2007-06-06T14:48:43-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

New Build Advice

So I am building a new computer, but before I order the parts I would like to make sure that they are all compatible and that I am not missing anything crucial. This will be the first time a ever build a system and any tips would be appreciated. Case: http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-ar...ve2000bws.html CD......

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

13 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-01-19T22:34:09-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
For the water cooling, however, I need to get it so that in the event that I needed I could go and do some outrageous overclocking, without expecting to overhaul anything. In any case, possibly more so than that, it looks cool.That may really be the main motivation, additionally and I don't generally spare that much cash on the off chance that I don't watercool. Buy Dissertation Cheap
Written on {{'2007-06-10T10:21:53-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
yeah i am rather set on water cooling and I hope I never get any of these horrible leeks[co][st]
Written on {{'2007-06-08T13:55:30-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="OneEyeLucky"]

The case I always recommend Antec 900 for it's well designed ventilation system, My CPU fan stay at 0-400rpm when idle and my CPU stays at 28-30 idle, 35-40 when playing.

[/quote]

I second this case suggestion.  I am probably going to use it in my next build whenever I get around to it. [:)] 

[quote user="Gunsnipe43"]

For the watercooling though, I want to get it so that if I wanted I could go and do some extreme overclocking, without needing to upgrade anything. But maybe even more so than that, it looks cool......That might actually be the biggest reason, also and I don't really save that much money if I don't watercool. 

[/quote]

If you are absolutely dead set on WC just be sure to thoroughly test your Cooling system in the case before you put in all that nice hardware.  Having a leak would really spoil your day. [:(]  This is one of the main reasons I like sticking with air cooling.  I have the nagging feeling that no matter what I do eventually it will ruin part of my hardware in a leak.

Written on {{'2007-06-07T13:03:36-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="OneEyeLucky"]

And people say I overkilled when I built my system.

Nice rig, you and I have same taste, except WC. Stay down on earth. I used to WC and if you're not planning extreme OC; WC will be impractical as system will remain the same temperature whether you WC or stick with air. I call it "Unnecessary roughness".

Also, you must know that if one of the WC system components somehow go bad or stops working you're headed for a messy work and replacements.

The case I always recommend Antec 900 for it's well designed ventilation system, My CPU fan stay at 0-400rpm when idle and my CPU stays at 28-30 idle, 35-40 when playing.

In 32bit OS the most system will recognize is 2GB of ram so that's you limitation in system memory. Unless you move to 64bit.

Everything else look sweet I tell ya.

Good Luck,

[/quote]

Well to start off, I like to overkill stuff, so thats a good thing!!!!

For the watercooling though, I want to get it so that if I wanted I could go and do some extreme overclocking, without needing to upgrade anything. But maybe even more so than that, it looks cool......That might actually be the biggest reason, also and I don't really save that much money if I don't watercool. 

Written on {{'2007-06-07T12:08:54-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

And people say I overkilled when I built my system.

Nice rig, you and I have same taste, except WC. Stay down on earth. I used to WC and if you're not planning extreme OC; WC will be impractical as system will remain the same temperature whether you WC or stick with air. I call it "Unnecessary roughness".

Also, you must know that if one of the WC system components somehow go bad or stops working you're headed for a messy work and replacements.

In 32bit OS the most system will recognize is 2GB of ram so that's you limitation in system memory. Unless you move to 64bit.

Everything else look sweet I tell ya.

Good Luck,

Written on {{'2007-06-07T04:10:41-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
If you look at the case you will see. And I am pretty sure I won't mind the dynamic contrast, so I will probably go with that one.
Written on {{'2007-06-06T19:59:49-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Without know what you have for WC system hard to say what would work well.
Written on {{'2007-06-06T19:53:17-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
It's true.  I would rather watch full HD if i could but I usually watch my HD vids scaled down to my 17" lcd.  If you dont think you will mind the Dynamic contrast then by all means they both look like fine screens.  I wish I could afford a nice 24".  [;)]
Written on {{'2007-06-06T16:30:09-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I don't think I would really mind that, and the reason I want the one with the higher rez is because it is full high def and that way if I was able to buy and download a full hd movie off the internet I would be able to watch it in all its glory.
Written on {{'2007-06-06T15:59:02-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="Gunsnipe43"]

Which would you pick http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001234 or the one which is in my original post. This one has higher rez but 3 ms slower response time. I am a gamer, but I also like to do photoshop and dreamweaver stuff too.

[/quote]

Honestly, I would go for the one originally in your post.  It has 500 reviews with an average of 5 eggs and the other one only has 8 which are split between 4 and 5 eggs.  Doesn't mean its a bad product but for that much money I would rather go with the more reviews.  Something to think about: Have you ever had a Dynamic Contrast ratio monitor?  Thats what it means when it says 1000:1(native) and 3000:1(DC).  My roommate had a Dell 24" with the Dynamic Contrast and they accomplished it by sensing how bright the screen should be as in how many pixels were white or black and then turned up the backlight when it was supposed to be white.  The idea is cool and it made the screen really bright but when we were watching a movie on it and the screen faded to black every single time we could watch the monitor adjust its contrast and it really detracted from the viewing experience in my opinion.  He ended up returning it because the Dynamic annoyed him.

Just something to think about! [:)] 

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 13 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-01-19T22:34:09-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback