Discussion {{'2012-07-20T14:53:02-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Terrible Claim process experience

I made an order through the newegg website and bought 3 items, one of them being a $1450 laptop.  The laptop was shipped by itself from the other two items.  The other items made it to my house just fine, but I only ever received a box with nothing but shipping paper inside of it.  This was a month ...

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

12 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-03-27T05:06:05-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
On top of the iTunes screen, click the Store choice. Tunes Account Login When you check in to the iTunes Store, you likewise instantly sign.
Written on {{'2012-07-21T04:35:19-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Well I don't know about the whole 6 weeks thing. My package was shipped using UPS not USPS and if they have a contract that states that they must wait a whole 6 weeks before they are even allowed to call it lost then they should tell us somewhere because everywhere on their website says lost shipments will be resolved in 7-10 days.  Also every time  I call and talk to anyone I am told it should have been resolved then. Is it the customers fault that the item was lost? No.  And if it isn't an employee doing this then how come this is happening regularly and with different carriers and the only thing in common is the point of origin?  Even then they should now have a pattern of issues going on and the claims department should be able to track that hey another package went missing from the  TN warehouse.  Did they other items ever end up at other customer's doorsteps? Nope? OK lets give this guy his money back because we know he isn't going to get anything and we would kind of like to keep his business. Common sense maybe, maybe that's just me.  I am pressed for time and cannot afford to wait 6 weeks as I am in the Army and I deploy in less than 2 weeks.  I need a laptop for the deployment and now I will be lucky to get my money back before we leave.
Written on {{'2012-07-21T01:56:22-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Oh yeah and I nearly forgot this approach as well lets suppose newegg refunded or reshipped after say 3 weeks (actually based on published ship standards per zip),

They could reship or refund, at the same time submit a Package Intercept by submitting PS Form 1509,

then that lowly USPS clerk a few days later finds the package scans it and discovers that a intercept request has been initiated and returns to sender...

Written on {{'2012-07-21T01:45:59-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
http://www.trackingtheworld.com/wtgprs.htm oops this is the GPRS unit.
Written on {{'2012-07-21T01:40:40-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Okay well look I have my numbers at package tracker website, I sent an email indicating if they did ship after 3 weeks and the package showed up it would also be reflected on the delivery confirmation and the zip. I suggested if the item did show up I would refuse the package or send back, and if I did neither and they see the package status as delivered they could bang my credit card for it..

Anyway at this point the one claim has been resolved (the one package with the anti virus software 49 bucks and change. The big one is at stage 2 of process.

Actually i sent the report to the inspector general which responded they take all reports and if they get enough to create a trend like say Memphis sort facility they will start an investigation.

Actually GPRS tracking of high value packages are already being done, the FBI and the postal inspectors have also been using them..

http://www.trackingtheworld.com/letterlogger.htm

Written on {{'2012-07-21T00:17:11-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

So, within the 6 weeks that they have to wait, some lonely USPS clerk happens to be snooping around and happens to find your package.  Newegg, meanwhile, has already refunded your money or reshipped your package on say, week 2.  So, a few days later, you receive a second package, or, money and the package. Newegg has already written your case off as resolved and is not looking at the tracking of your lost shipment anymore.  Now, I'm sure you would be a stand up guy and let Newegg know, but others (unfortunately a lot) would quietly keep both packages or the money and the package.  The 6 weeks is set by USPS, not Newegg.  USPS pretty much says that if it doesn't get received in 6 weeks, it is officially declared lost.  Newegg is protecting themselves.  It sucks that you have to wait, but that's the way it is. 

And just because a few more people report missing packages from one warehouse over another does not necessarily mean it's someone in that warehouse.  The same drivers and couriers are used also.  Could very well be someone on the outside.  Just a quick Google search, I found that USPS had a 37% lost mail rate.  Not sure how accurate that is, but you get the idea.  Sure, it would be nice to include a GPS device in the boxes, but Uncle Sam I don't think would go for it [:P]

Written on {{'2012-07-20T23:45:21-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

OKAY so NEWEGG has a contract to insure packages with the USPS. The USPS tells NEWEGG they must wait 6 weeks. Fine but that certainly doesnt prevent newegg from refunding or reshipping when they themselves can see the package has gone astray then wait it out and submit claim to USPS....

When the claim is put into the USPS do you think they suddenly get out of there chair and phyiscally look for it? Not Likely they are just hoping somebody happens to scan it somewhere along the chain.

Seems to me the rate of lost packages from TN warehouse are much higher than any other location,,To bad they can't setup a sting operation using gprs tracking devices etc in the boxes.....

Written on {{'2012-07-20T19:03:55-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

@gjc360- I would send a PM to TGIFreddy and see if he can help you out.  He's a Newegg staffer on the forums who can help you out with Customer Service issues.

@user6244- I highly doubt that someone at Newegg is stealing packages.  While you can never rule it out, there are more opportunities that something is stolen during transit than when it is in the warehouse.  Being on an unlocked truck or sitting on a doorstep are all bigger opportune times to steal something than sitting at a warehouse where several people will most likely notice you leaving your assigned area to get a decent size box outside.  I understand that you are upset at having the long wait, but as TGIFreddy told you in the PM he sent you, they are under contract to wait 6 weeks.  Breaking corporate contracts is a good way to lose your job. 

Written on {{'2012-07-20T18:47:26-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I think they have a bad EGG in the TN warehouse to be honest, I have been wrestling with my lost package event for over 45 days, hoping to get a full refund as the many of the items out of the 3800.00 order are no longer in stock....

They really need to step up security at that warehouse, I read article from USPS how the business units work, such as each package may not be scanned but instead the manifest attached to the pallet is scanned (they only for quality control purposes actually compare ship weight on doc to actual on 10% of outgoing mail), so it would not be hard for a inside employee to pull something from a pallet (while folks are on break etc) not report it and the employee working the pallet not knowing the package was pulled would shrink wrap for whatever zone, upon arriving at post office (or they could have a rep at the site) the pallets manifest would be scanned giving the appearance the package was on it's way when in fact it was being loaded into someones car.........

Written on {{'2012-07-20T18:41:07-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I think they have a bad EGG in the TN warehouse to be honest, I have been wrestling with my lost package event for over 45 days, hoping to get a full refund as the many of the items out of the 3800.00 order are no longer in stock....

They really need to step up sucurity at that warehouse, I read article from USPS how the business units work, such as each package may not be scanned but instead the manifest attached to the pallet is scanned (they only for quality control purposes actually compare ship weight on doc to actual on 10% of outgoing mail), so it would not be hard for a inside employee to pull something from a pallet (while folks are on break etc) not report it and the employee working the pallet not knowing the package was pulled would shrink wrap for whatever zone, upon arriving at post office (or they could have a rep at the site) the pallets manifest would be scanned giving the appearance the package was on it's way when in fact it was being loaded into someones car.........

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 12 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-03-27T05:06:05-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback