Discussion {{'2012-10-15T20:26:33-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Upgrading an HP Pavilion p7-1054 Desktop CPU

Hi, trying to upgrade my CPU on a http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=5080737&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c02859337 . I have upgraded the PSU to a Corsair 600W and I am using an EVGA GTX 560ti 2GB. I would like to up......

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

11 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-01-10T22:36:36-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
In this manner, you could include attachments to kodi application. Kodi for iPhone Download considerable browsing, and so on. This application is additionally. 
Written on {{'2012-10-16T17:25:12-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I just wanted better settings when I play games with good FPS, Im getting High to Ultra settings on most games, but some are a little laggy at times with FPS dropping. I have been told with the GTX 560ti and the 6 GB of RAM my next choice would be to get a CPU that would be better suited for games. The Ahtlon II is ok but I just figured if I could upgrade the CPU to 1 that is more suited for games id get better FPS 50+ would be awesome. (getting around 30 FPS on most games atm). Not really interested in spending a ton on a PC if I dont have to but will do what is needed, if i need to start from scratch then so be it. thanks
Written on {{'2012-10-16T15:52:31-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[quote user="sparker366"]....You won't be able to replace the motherboard as your case will not support an atx motherboard as hp use there own sized motherboards....[/quote]

EVERYTHING else sparkler366 said above is absolutely correct.  BUT, this sentence has two errors.

1.  The case uses a standard form factor micro-ATX MBAny other micro-ATX MB will fit as long as the case has a knockout rear I/O panel (likely) instead of the ports being cut directly into the case.

2.  The case is an ATX form factor case.  As to whether it would fit a standard form factor ATX MB would depend upon whether the case had 7 slots in the rear, whether the three additional screw holes were present (you would need standoffs) and whether HP welded parts in the way in that area of the three additional slots (compared to a micro-ATX case).

3.  Note, I agreed with sparkler366 on everything else.  It is not worth the effort to upgrade the PC with a CPU+MB+DDR3 (could reuse RAM) swap.    And the original Windows OS license (or any OEM version subsequently installed) would be expired.  A new PC is called for every five years at least.  But it is your money.

HP support

Written on {{'2012-10-16T15:33:02-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
NP. Good luck
Written on {{'2012-10-16T14:58:16-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Ok, thanks again for your info and help. 
Written on {{'2012-10-16T14:41:00-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Did you not notice that cpu is a 125w and not 95w. So it will not work in that board It does say denab core but that wattage is too high.

I would ebay that machine and build new. Your wasting money upgrading that machine as nothing is going to give you better performance.

Written on {{'2012-10-16T14:29:43-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
So, if I upgrade to a 

AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition Deneb 3.6GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor 

will that be efficient enough for gaming? Im new to this as you can tell so just needed some advice on a budget upgrade to the PC i already had without buying a new case, MB, etc. If i have to get a new MB+CPU then so be it but sounds like I would be better off just building a PC from scratch?? 

Written on {{'2012-10-16T12:41:10-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="drgnstng"] 

The FX chip is an AM3 

[/quote]

FX Chips are AM3+ not AM3. like sparker said the fx chips aren't all that great to begin with. If you plan on trying to purchase a new mobo you might as well purchase an intel 1155 chip while you're at to to get a better bang for your $. 
Written on {{'2012-10-16T12:32:10-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

What are you referring to as the bios?

You see the bios is on the motherboard thus if you replace the motherboard then you are replacing the bios. Not sure what  you are referring to as the bios

You won't be able to replace the motherboard as your case will not support an atx motherboard as hp use there own sized motherboards.

The cpus I listed are the only ones that board will support. FX is not an option. Plus the FX cpus suck. AMD failed with them. 

So if you want to upgrade the cpu then choose one from that list and be done with it. If you want the poorly fx cpu then you will have to build your own machine.

Written on {{'2012-10-16T12:12:20-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

It says 

NOTE:

Only Socket AM3 processors are supported with this motherboard.  

The FX chip is an AM3 but only thing I seen different is that its 125w not 95w, also was not sure if at the time that my PC was made if the FX was available, and also was hoping to install the best chip for the $ so I dont have to replace it soon in the near future. If I am going to spend $100+ I would rather get my money's worth. So basically I will have to replace the MB to get the FX chip then? Can I do it as a plug and play or is there anything that will need done to the BIOS? I have read where the BIOS settings has to be reconfigured with new MB's and I have no clue how to do this, so my only upgrade option if this is the case is to go with a Phenom II? thanks

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 11 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-01-10T22:36:36-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback