Discussion {{'2013-09-24T17:08:13-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Newegg Questions, Suggestions, and Bug Reporting

We created this sticky to centralize all of your questions, suggestions, and bug reports.Please feel free to ask any questions that are related to the Newegg community (Newegg.com & Newegg.ca) in this sticky post. All other technical, product specific, and customer service related questions should be posted in......

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

23 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-01-23T11:19:34-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I cannot place a order  in chrome despite turning off all my chrome browser add on's and allowing neweggg.com to set cookies. I have tried re-starting my browser . I also have been seeing that the newegg logo on the website isn't loading for the past few weeks, but it still works a button to bring me back to the home page. My chrome is up to date on updates.
I ended up using mozilia Firefox to place my order
Written on {{'2013-11-25T16:37:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

My faith in Newegg has been restored. I was personally contacted by a Newegg representative via email the Tuesday after I posted although I was so ticked off it took me until yesterday to read it haha. I wish I had read it sooner though as they explained there was a bug with the site code causing the problems we were all seeing. In the meantime the bug was fixed and I was able to do a lot of digging around this weekend!

In the future if such a problem is found and it lingers for weeks and weeks like this one did Newegg should really just put the old code back in place until the problem can be fixed instead of torturing its users. :) I am unsure how that particular problem made it past the QA/QC process as it was noticed by a lot of people (I was glad to see I wasn't the only perturbed customer haha). 

Anyway, I just wanted to follow-up on my post and say thanks for reaching out and giving a real explanation instead of a canned response like so many companies do these days. Also thanks for the unexpected email notice! :D I'll leave the description at that. Keep up the good work!

Written on {{'2013-11-20T15:57:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

HOGHAULER:
Thank you, my main gripe was/is that I could help the average builder with a full build in 1 to 2 hours now it takes 3 to 4 hours and I am unable to give the posters a good choice of ways to go unless I'm willing to spend much more time and loading their post with so many links its mind boggling.

This is exactly the kind of feedback we need! Thank you Hog. 

Written on {{'2013-11-20T14:12:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
see! feedback like earlier leads to more helpful input like this :) I'm more than happy to forward this along, in addition to your original comments. Thanks hog, its awesome knowing exactly how it effects others, especially huge helpers on EggX! On a similar note, just today I was briefed on Newegg's current focus to optimize the site and speed up load times, as well as other compatibility issues and smaller bugs. Now I can add onto their issues by providing your use case. Thanks again
Written on {{'2013-11-20T12:49:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Thank you, my main gripe was/is that I could help the average builder with a full build in 1 to 2 hours now it takes 3 to 4 hours and I am unable to give the posters a good choice of ways to go unless I'm willing to spend much more time and loading their post with so many links its mind boggling.
Written on {{'2013-11-20T12:01:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
There's no need for apologies hog!  I understand that your comment isn't focused at any individual in particular, but at the holistic view of Newegg over the past years. Honestly, it's refreshing to see your passion and perspective w/ regards to your experiences with Newegg's site over the years. Newegg always values their customer's input, especially die hard fans and devoted customers, like yourself. So, thank you for not holding back, and for being honest and passionate about your experiences! (now, this isnt a call to action for everyone else to just bash Newegg lol, just emphasizing that the more truthful/honest/blunt the feedback/input, the more valuable/effective it is on our side, and hopefully pushes for change!)
Written on {{'2013-11-19T20:20:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Sorry for sounding so harsh but the things that made newegg so great to most of us was it seemed like they went by the old addage "keep it simple stupid" or the KISS attitude now they are just making it more complicated and harder for us to help others to shop with them.
Written on {{'2013-11-19T16:22:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Thanks for the comment hoghauler! I forward your comments (as well as everyone's comments regarding the search functionality) to the person in charge of user experience and front end design. We always value our customers' input and we definitely appreciate the time everyone takes to provide their feedback. We wish we could accommodate everyone's concerns and issues regarding our search functionality; however, like all things, there must come change. Thank you to everyone for your continued support and for hanging in there with us as we aim to perfect this functionality!
Written on {{'2013-11-18T19:40:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Personnelly I hate the new setup the old way worked perfectly fine. What are you trying to do turn into Amazon.com or Tiger Direct, since I started shopping at Newegg back in 07 things have gotten worse and worse all you are doing is trying to be like the other internet sales companies which is driving your loyal customers away. The old Newegg was better than what you are becoming and it is getting worse.

Newegg used to be the inovator now its just a copy cat, whats going on with you guys?

Written on {{'2013-11-18T16:18:00-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
You're welcome! I feel your pain, and would hate for you to have to shop elsewhere because of this issue. We have resolved the bug that caused 'Narrow Your Choices' to disappear and other issues w/ its functionality. We hope the new and improved 'Narrow Your Choices' will be able to accommodate your search needs! Thank you again for your help!
From Topics:
Archive
mk6
mk6

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 23 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-01-23T11:19:34-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback