Discussion {{'2014-05-13T18:13:36-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Video Editing Computer Build

I'm building a system to edit videos for my family and friends. My current system seems over matched as the processors run at 40 to 80% when running Pinnacle Studio 15 before any editing. I know there are other things running but when I do anything to open up a simple function it pegs the CPU with the video ed......

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

3 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-08-30T13:00:35-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
BTW, if I were you, I'd probably leave the GT520 outside the box.  With the new i7, the CPU would render faster than xender install the CUDA of the GT520, and the Intel HD4600 graphics that comes embedded in the CPU is stronger than the GT520.
Written on {{'2017-10-05T11:12:48-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

great stuff

<a href="">spinning bikes reviews</a>

Written on {{'2014-05-13T20:40:31-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Yeah it's compatible.  

If you wanna save money, you could go with their 240GB SSD (120-128GB minimum) for installin the OS and programs and use a regular mechanical hard drive, with a large capacity and that you already have, for storage, if your current hard drive has SATA interface.

The PSU is overkill. Something like the Seasonic 520W for $65 or 620W under <$90 would be plenty for this build even you end up with 3 storage hard drives and end up upgraing the grpahics to a $250 one.  Your system as you laid out with the 88W TDP processor and GT 520 would use less than 250W in reality. There'd be a reason to possibly consider a 620W unit if you plan on filling all 6 HDD slots with storage drives caz the mobo SATA controller may not do staggered spinup of HDDs.

You don't need to worry about getting an aftermarket CPU cooler. Your system won't be hot enough to deserve that consideration.  And your case's ventilation is way more than necessary.

BTW, if I were you, I'd probably leave the GT520 outside the box.  With the new i7, the CPU would render faster than the CUDA of the GT520, and the Intel HD4600 graphics that comes embedded in the CPU is stronger than the GT520.

I guess you are going to reuse the current optical drive?  You can if it has SATA interface.

You probably won't need more than 16GB RAM ever, but just so you know. The Home Premium edition of Winodws 7 can only use up to 16GB RAM. You'd need the Pro version or Windows 8.1 in order to use more than 16GB. Most home users and hobbysits don't need more than 16GB though.

Regarding the CPU usage, if I remember correctly, Pinnacle pre-renders stuff.  Isnt' there a green bar int he lower left corner of the screen growing when you see CPU usage high to indidate that it's rendering something or maybe generating audio wave?

Anyway, I can see how the Core 2 Quad is no longer good. It's fine for editing SD DVD footage. Not for H264 HD footage.

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 3 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-08-30T13:00:35-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback