Discussion {{'2007-07-15T07:21:47-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Movie Reviews

I'm not too sure how far this will go, but I would like to hear anyone's comments about their favorite movies.  You don't have to go into a detailed summary of the plot, in fact it would be better if you didn't.  What I had in mind is a simple reason why the movie stands out in your mind?  This reason should be so......

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

9 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-03-26T02:33:37-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
You can watch all latest movies along with movie reviews on TeaTV app. Download TeaTV latest version of app and watch HD Movies for free right from your Android and iOS devices.
Written on {{'2007-07-18T06:01:04-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I've enjoyed the movies I've seen with my family..The Sound of Music..Quess Who's Coming to Dinner..Up the DownStairs Case..Thunderball...the Sandpiper..//I watched the movie Longest Day w/my neighborhood friends..and really do like war movies..

But I find the Director/Actor-Clint Eastwood to be a very brave film-maker..maybe just guy films-but Clint Eastwood carries ahead the notion of these things..that "things" can be explained away..that intelligence is the best part of being "outspoken"..Clint Eastwood makes movies that require "watching"..

I really like the Terminator series....the ALIENS....series....its your best in FAN-movies....

Then I would say that movies create a moment(memory)..like GHOST....or DIRTY DANCING.....even Ferus Bueler's Day Off..these have memories....

Some movies are called Classics or Spectacular....I think that some secenes fit the notion but a really Classic or Spectacular film..??..maybe the Ten Commandments...or Spartacus....Ben Hur....its difficult to be opened minded/and then hold that thought..with-out loosing the Movie-Creator's grasp on you..movies can become "blurred objects"/life-desire/become sarcastic..

I think Tom Hanks has done very well in movie making....Big...Prv. Ryan....Forrest Gump....I think Tom Hanks has done very well.

Written on {{'2007-07-16T08:22:33-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Beleive me, I regret even saying anything... after watching how you treat everyone... yeah, so long, bye bye. [flushed]
Written on {{'2007-07-16T03:09:59-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
SovetCryptix,

Instead of commenting about someone else's choice, how about offering your own?  
Written on {{'2007-07-16T03:02:32-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I readily agree with you about the nature of comedies today vs the past, but that still doesn't explain why those particular movies were the most memorable for you.  Besides, you should have picked one in particular, not a group.  
Written on {{'2007-07-15T14:52:10-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[quote user="seekermeister"]Adventure...valid.  Comedy and scifi...nonvalid, at least in terms of what I was asking for.  These may have stood out in your mind, but why?  I can agree with you scifi choices, because the Forbidden Planet is the first drive-in movie that I can remember, I saw it at the Apache theater on a free pass on my seventh birthday.  Both movies had psycological points to make.[/quote]

I realized after I posted that I forget the why's, but the wife had breakfast ready and then we had to run out the door to make church on time.[:D]

I think I like the comedy ones because so many of todays comedies substitute vulgarity for humor, I suppose because its easier then being creative.

The scifi I think in a similar manor as Red Dawn they were just way ahead of thier time when you compare them with thier movie peers at that time

Written on {{'2007-07-15T14:27:50-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

How are "What about Bob" and "Groundhog Day" invalid? You wanna talk psychology, they are both mind trips. What about Bob with the role reversal, and Groundhog Day for making the best of each day.

Edit: ahh, he missed the reasons why.

Anywho, I'm thinkin' about this one, I'll post soon =) 

Written on {{'2007-07-15T11:44:32-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Adventure...valid.  Comedy and scifi...nonvalid, at least in terms of what I was asking for.  These may have stood out in your mind, but why?  I can agree with you scifi choices, because the Forbidden Planet is the first drive-in movie that I can remember, I saw it at the Apache theater on a free pass on my seventh birthday.  Both movies had psycological points to make.
Written on {{'2007-07-15T10:52:51-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

i lean classic as well:

lets see adventure ...Red Dawn stands out in my mind as being way ahead of its time on possible ww3 scenarios.

comedy: i really liked a couple of Bill Murray movies...What about BOB and Groundhog Day.

Scifi: The Forbidden Planet and the Day the Earth stood still come to mind.

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 9 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-03-26T02:33:38-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback