Discussion {{'2007-10-17T00:19:44-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

which Amine Movie impressed you the most?

I've watched The Lion King, Mulan, Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch, etc. The Lion King got me the most. What's your favorite Amine Movie?

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

16 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2008-01-03T10:36:23-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="MeiLing"]

The first 3 posts list not a single anime movie so that was confusing at first.

Anime = Japanese animation not American cartoon or cgi movies (shows).[/quote]

Technically, "anime" is just the japanese word for cartoons, so in a purely technical sense the first post was still correct. However, "anime" has become recognized as its own genre and/or style, so it's more accurate to use it to refer to Japanese-style cartoons.

That being said, I have a few on my list, but the one that stands out above all others is Paprika. Satoshi Kon absolutely blew me away with this one. If you took the imagery and atmosphere of a Miyazaki movie and smashed it together with the technical smarts and intrigue of a Shirow comic, you'd get something that still wouldn't quite match up to how amazing this movie is. It also has one of the best scores I've ever heard in a movie, anime or not.

Written on {{'2007-12-27T16:30:36-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="Sidicas"]

Ya~~~ Ah! My Goddess forever.. Been with the series for over half a decade.  Season 2 is on my wishlist, already have Season 1, the OVAs, all the Mini-Goddess series and posters, the movie, a few of the little plastic figures, and a limited edition fabric calendar..  Probably over $350 worth of AMG stuff..

You and I have a lot in common rdaniels [egypt]  

[/quote]

Hear, Hear! I've got the DVD's for Season 1, Mini-Goddesses, the Movie, and I'm getting Season 2 as it comes out.  Saw the whole series on fansubs, and it's a tough pick which one's better.  I've also gotten all the manga that's been released so far, but I don't have any of the little extras, like figures, posters, etc.

Full Metal Panic is the only anime I like as much as AMG, but no manga comes close. [:D]

Written on {{'2007-12-26T16:14:41-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Ya~~~ Ah! My Goddess forever.. Been with the series for over half a decade.  Season 2 is on my wishlist, already have Season 1, the OVAs, all the Mini-Goddess series and posters, the movie, a few of the little plastic figures, and a limited edition fabric calendar..  Probably over $350 worth of AMG stuff..

You and I have a lot in common rdaniels [egypt]  

Written on {{'2007-12-26T04:48:25-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Hmmm...  I guess Ah My Goddess.  It's hard to pick one because no movies really impress me.  They're too short, I much prefer TV series.  Ghost in the shell was pretty good as well, really need to get around to watching SAC.
Written on {{'2007-12-26T00:29:41-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Have you guys ever watched Huamulan?
Written on {{'2007-12-21T09:41:40-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
i agree Grave of the Fireflies was a great one i also like whisper of the heart and ghost in the shell movies
Written on {{'2007-10-30T01:19:49-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion
Written on {{'2007-10-19T13:49:20-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Slam Dunk << anime.  This anime got me interested in basketball and still watch this anime till now.
Written on {{'2007-10-19T11:39:18-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I need to put Grave of the Fireflies at the top of my viewing list.  Your the 2nd person to give it a review like that and I am curious like a cat now!!

Written on {{'2007-10-19T02:47:37-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Totoro and Castle in the Sky.....creativity beyond imagination....simply well done!
From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 16 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2008-01-03T10:36:23-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback