Discussion {{'2008-02-06T06:43:05-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

Your Best Media Player Choice

Hi all. I'm looking for a single media player to install into my new newegg pc. [guns]I mostly just use one for managing and playing my music cds, and watching videos at youtube, etc., also listen to online radio stations. What are your suggestions?  [H] Thanks, Rumi  ...

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

18 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2017-09-08T01:39:07-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Excuse guys, this seems to be a related thread about media audio playback right? I also have a related issue but it is about MP3 encoder. I really need someone's answer. Recently I downloaded an audio file of .au and it could not be played by Windows Media Player. I think it could not be recognized. Then, I thought of conversion and download this audio converter http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/au-to-mp3.html. But it is a little bit difficult to understand and too professional for be as a noob in this area. In the format and codec list, I do not really know what to choose among the bit rate, sample rate and channels. Is it true that the higher bit rate I set, the better the output quality will be? How about the sample rate, what is the difference between the bit rate and sample rate?
Written on {{'2008-04-09T13:47:19-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

There is a program called songbird, which is an open source media player based off of mozilla platform. It's still in a 0.5 form but its a great program and I really like the fact that you can find plug-ins for it just like firefox and it also looks really nice as far as the interface goes. one of the biggest features that I like is the fact that you can d/l a plug in that will allow to put the program in the system tray when you minimize so that you don't have it take up space on your task bar.

here is the link to the site: http://www.songbirdnest.com/

Written on {{'2008-04-06T11:41:15-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I think u should try the Single Switch Media Player. It is designed for single switch users and it includes a variety of ways for users to play/pause music and videos.[:D]

Written on {{'2008-03-29T13:10:38-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[quote user="RonF"]i use media monkey. it is itunes, wmp, and winamp all rolled into one. it has compatabilty with most if not all mp3 players including ipod on the new one im pretty sure. you can use the winamp video plug in to add a video player to it that works awesome. in fact when i did a fresh install on xp i didnt even install wmp11.
[/quote]

after having to uninstall media monkey because of a corruption i installed the newer version of wmp 11. i am seriously impressed. it doesnt hang or lag on my pc like the old versions did (even media monkey tended to). they did away with the urge plug in. adds missing id3 tags alot faster. think imma stick with this one [:D]

Written on {{'2008-03-10T20:26:17-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I second K-Lite Codec Pack with Media Player Classic.

Also have VLC installed for when Media Player Classic just doesn't cut it. 

Written on {{'2008-03-06T23:20:59-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I listen to music with window media 11. You can upgrade it online easily. <o:p></o:p>

But when I watch movies I often use RealPlayer. I think RealPlayer performance better than WMP while watching movies. It supports more format than WMP does. It’s also a good experience to listen to online radio with RealPlayer. And I really love it. <o:p></o:p>

So if let me choose only one installed on my pc, it will be RealPlayer.<o:p></o:p>

Written on {{'2008-03-06T10:59:25-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I use Winamp Pro and VLC.

With a combination of these two, no movie or song is match for you. [Y]

Written on {{'2008-03-06T01:29:47-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I use Amarok for music (completely awesome), mplayer for video.  But I run linux, so this may not be too helpful.

I think mplayer might be available for windows, but Amarok is not yet.  It is going to be ported, so it might be something to look at in the future.

Sometime I need to check out vlc, everywhere I go people say it's great.

Written on {{'2008-03-03T05:59:27-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I am using WMP and it's cool. Can handle Music or Movie perfectly.
Written on {{'2008-03-01T21:27:13-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
i use media monkey. it is itunes, wmp, and winamp all rolled into one. it has compatabilty with most if not all mp3 players including ipod on the new one im pretty sure. you can use the winamp video plug in to add a video player to it that works awesome. in fact when i did a fresh install on xp i didnt even install wmp11.
From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 18 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2017-09-08T01:39:07-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback