Discussion {{'2007-04-15T10:51:45-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

What is the Best Pickup Truck???

I am in the market to purchase a Pickup Truck; New possibly Used. I know all makes have there quirks but I am looking to find something that does not have alot of known issues or problems. I currently drive a Saturn SL2 and "Thanks God" I have not had any major issues with it. So Pickup Truck Owners Please Post yo......

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

13 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2017-10-02T21:18:18-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
It depends on your preference. There are a lot of truck models nowadays. You just need to look at the truck parts and features that go with it.
Written on {{'2007-05-01T05:24:25-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="Tom"]

American?

Toyota is more of an American car these days. From what I heard, Ford's plants are in Mexico, and Toyota's were in San Antonio Texas. I heard that Ford just cut 30,000 jobs here in the US, while Toyota keeps hiring more. 

Let's not forget the mention that the new Toyota Tundra is simply amazing. Those commercials they made were actual demonstrations!

[/quote]

I doubt all those commercials are real cause i dont see a light duty truck pulling a huge crate up from hanging off the side of a mountain. I doubt the brakes and traction is that good but they are nice looking dont know about the front end but the rest is nice. 

Written on {{'2007-05-01T05:13:08-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Im a GM guy personally along with my dad and we both like the GMC Sierra the most. my dad is a manager for irrigation ad gets a new comapny truck every year. Usually he gets a chevy or F-150 the pros on the ford is its usually cheaper for what you get and can take a beating but the cons are the ride is horrible and the interior is stiff. now the chevy rides alot better and the interior is more comfortable may not look that great but it still better. i think the only things weve found bad about the chevy is it doesnt carry as much in the bed and there cheapest model the WT comes with a V6 so not alot of power.

I would recommend a GM truck there proven and i know they have the best ride of the american trucks atleast. I would stick with the classic model though not the 2007 model cuase there may be some bugs that have not been worked out yet. So depends what you want the truck for if its for alot of hauling and the ride doesnt matter as much the a ford may be better. but if its to carry the family and lighter loads like jsut a boat or for camping then i would say a GM.  

Written on {{'2007-04-23T01:11:48-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I have a chevy 1995 S10 pickup, driven it hard for 411,312 miles, and counting ORIGINAL ENGINE!!! trans rebuilt with new bearings and syncronizers but not anything else. chevy has the most old pickups on the road according to jd power n ass. survey.

of course my Honda Accord has 541,698 miles on it now (1994) and still counting (first engine finally died at 456,212 miles) same transmission. a honda pickup, not a bad choice either. not sure if they make one anymore or not. did for a few years.

dodge, not a good buy after 1986, they turned to crap, then sold to mercedes, and whats this?? up for sale again???

ford, please. I used to make a living off of ford (ASE master cetified technician, L1, L2 certified) just because they are built so ignorantly, so cheep!

toyota, not bad, expensive repair.

nissan,same

and your right they can build a car/truck to last forever. but that would put them out of buisness. so we buy there crap, and you pay me to fix it. (allot actually $32 an hour from my employer, 25 hours a week (as an expert, doing pc's on the side, got bored and picked it up.))

I saw chevy's vision for an engine for the future. plastic, almost no friction at all (most 4cyl engines take 2 horse power just to phisically turn them over, this one....  .03 HP) and a 4cyl engine would have 230 horse power (instead of 140) and get 42 miles to the gallon. BUT THE PLASTIC CAN'T BE RECYCLED AND CANNOT BE BURNT, TOO TOXIC. so we're stuck.

Written on {{'2007-04-17T19:03:07-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
If your going for a heavy duty truck, Dodge has some pretty good bang-for-your-buck on theirs.
Written on {{'2007-04-17T18:58:18-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Wait, I have the answer...low APR is the best pickup truck!

2007 Ford F-150 0.0% APR 60 Months

2007 Nissan Titan King Cab 0.9% APR 60 Months

If you get the Ford, get the extended warrenty...

Written on {{'2007-04-17T12:40:01-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I have a 2000 Tiburon that I love to dealth.  But out of all the pickups I have driven and ridden in over the years the one thought I have is, American steel, you just can not go wrong.  [H]
Written on {{'2007-04-17T10:42:18-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

American?

Toyota is more of an American car these days. From what I heard, Ford's plants are in Mexico, and Toyota's were in San Antonio Texas. I heard that Ford just cut 30,000 jobs here in the US, while Toyota keeps hiring more. 

Let's not forget the mention that the new Toyota Tundra is simply amazing. Those commercials they made were actual demonstrations!

Written on {{'2007-04-17T01:52:28-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with a V8 5.7L HEMI (345 HP). 17 mpg on the highway and 14mpg in the city! I paid 23K for a new 2005 after $7K factory rebate & such. Did I mention it has a 34 gallon tank. If you can afford the truck, you won't even think about shelling out $102 per fill up!

Written on {{'2007-04-16T12:15:05-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

American is relative! Nissan Titan (SE King Cab) made in Mississippi/Tennesssee. I have had it for three years now. I love it! I have had 8 vehicles - 4 of them being 4x4 - 3 Trucks. Jeep CJ-7, Dodge ram 1500, Toyota Tacoma TRD...Thie Titan is the first vehicle I don't want to trade in. If you want desent gas milage don't by a V8 or a Full size.

TitanTalk.com

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 13 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2017-10-02T21:18:18-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback