Discussion {{'2009-05-05T11:19:26-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

WINDOWS 7 RC AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!

Yay!!! http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspxBut you gotta clean install or upgrade from Vista right? You can't go from Win7 Beta straight to Win7 RC.....

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

15 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2018-11-07T00:00:09-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Be it any time of the year, Switzerland always stands photogenic. Here are the top ten attractions is Switzerland which you absolutely cannot miss when you visit the country. Attractions in Switzerland for Tourist

<style type="text/css"></style>
Written on {{'2018-09-28T07:06:44-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
If we trying to search on google we could find many guidence on this. I also read guide about from blogsdna this is awesome site where you can find all type of information. I bet after you open this site you will be love shayari with that site.
Written on {{'2009-05-09T15:28:58-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I do not dislike Vista 64 bit other than minor glitches it has such as not staying asleep when it should. But other than that, I have got used to it. My biggest issue is  that fact that with Vista having been so demonized, the manufacutors of old XP era hardwares did not make drivers for 64-bit. I hope they have a lot of faith in Win 7 and prepare for 64-bit to become the main stream household as well as business system wiht the launch of Win 7, by saying that I mean, make 64-bit DRIVERS people!!!!!!  How sad, after a couple of years have passed since Vista's release, my IT guy at work still tells me not to upgrade XP to Vista 64 though my Dell PC came with free upgrade to Vista,,, becuase there's no 64bit drivers for our department's hardwares.
Written on {{'2009-05-09T14:21:44-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Got my RC very nice. okay, just wait for the release date of Windows 7. ;-)

October 23rd?

before that date,I still like my Vista very much.

Written on {{'2009-05-07T17:42:53-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="PapaHomer"]

Hey Sl.... Is this the Perfect Disk   http://www.perfectdisk.com/home   ?

I thought it was just a defragger?  I see it does some optimization ...but the MBR?

thx

PH 

[/quote]

To my knowledge, most of the degragmenters do NOT defrag the MBR. And that's exatly why the regular Vista defragmenter is NOT sufficient when you try to shrink a volume to make a new partition.  When a part of the MBR is sitting at the beginning of the disk, and another at the end of the disk, the piece at the end of the disk needs to be moved toward the beginning of the disk in order to make a new partition that is free of data using the end of the disk......... Just a few defrag programs like the one SL suggested are able to move MBR fragments, and that's why he gave me the name of the program here, I believe.... Well, I know I'm sounding retarded in the way I explain myself here, haha.

Written on {{'2009-05-07T17:36:26-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="slmclarengt"]

Welcome to my life 'products' lol. I've dealt with partitioning problems nearly innumerable times from using GParted, Vista's disk manager, among tons of other partitioning software. Once you run Perfect Disk (Great program FYI!), it should clear up the MBR issue (and make sure to deal with all the other issues too), then you should be able to partition quite a bit larger section.

Slmclarengt

[/quote]

LOLOL! So I'm not the only one then!!!!  I was wondering what seemed to be such a simple thing had to be difficiult on my machine!  Thanks for the tips in the other thread and the program!!!! I need to get to the bottom of this.  I installed the 32-bit oversion on my old computer and is running GREAT!  Especially, Windows Media Center picking up QAM (though it's not perfect at all) through my TV tuners, but I think there's a chnace they release fixes to pick up more channels, and that's like DREAM for me!!! The only thing left is installing the 64-bit version somehow on my Vista comp as I want to test if compatibilities with varioius hardwares have improved from Vista 64bit and Win7 Beta! [:P]  It is really exciting to feel that Vista era is OVER! and something better is coming out!!! Woot woot!

Written on {{'2009-05-07T16:57:48-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Hey Sl.... Is this the Perfect Disk   http://www.perfectdisk.com/home   ?

I thought it was just a defragger?  I see it does some optimization ...but the MBR?

thx

PH 

Written on {{'2009-05-06T23:03:50-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Welcome to my life 'products' lol. I've dealt with partitioning problems nearly innumerable times from using GParted, Vista's disk manager, among tons of other partitioning software. Once you run Perfect Disk (Great program FYI!), it should clear up the MBR issue (and make sure to deal with all the other issues too), then you should be able to partition quite a bit larger section.

Slmclarengt

Written on {{'2009-05-06T22:03:01-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I changed my mind and decided to partition my Vista drive into two to install Win 7 RC but.... I am having an issue witih that...
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=521552#521552

After all, I may end up installing it over Beta on another drive as per the guide slmclarengt gave me......

Written on {{'2009-05-06T03:03:08-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Hoping that Windows 7 will replace successfully for vista because of incompatibility.
From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 15 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2018-11-07T00:00:09-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback