Discussion {{'2010-09-23T16:14:21-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

So what anime series

Since I lost mei job a couple years ago I have not been able to get much new anime.  (strange how lack of money = not buying stuff) But having a birthday yesterday I have enough to get a series. Any suggestions?  (leaning to Crazy Shrine Maidens right now) ...

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

24 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2011-08-25T18:06:59-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
couldn't help but notice. DEATH NOTE IS NOT AN ACTION. well it kinda is but not really its a supernatural, psychological, thriller. but most of all it's a mystery. trust me I've watched it 5 times. O check out Ouran Highschool host-club. Great
Written on {{'2011-06-26T10:33:22-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
You don't know crazy until you know Nichijou xD
Written on {{'2011-06-22T13:21:49-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I have been thinking about watching Haruhi again I like ti so much.  I prob will before I dive into Lucky Star so I am back up to speed on crazy.  [H]
Written on {{'2011-04-28T15:04:08-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

^ That was exactly what I did. Took another year of people raving over it for me to even try the 2nd episode.

Written on {{'2011-04-25T08:11:15-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Ya, the original Please! Teacher was a lot better than the sequel.

I finished Azumanga and I'm now going through Haruhi..

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya starts out too awkward and shallow with all the ecchi & moe focused on Mikururu.. But later when it gets into Haruhi's backstory on the 2nd disc, the story gets really amazing and unique.. 

I've never seen a plotline like this one before so it's certainly got my attention [Y]. The ecchi & moe gets toned down a lot after the introductions of all the main characters are done,..

Also, skip Episode 00 until after you finish with the 3rd disc.. Then go back and watch Episode 00 and it will make a lot more sense...  Otherwise you'll end up with a great big "WTF is this?" moment like I did..

Written on {{'2011-04-25T06:16:20-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Just finished Please Twins, was ok and it was nice to see mei fave anime teacher but it was basically a cash in.  Just a good cash in if you understand that.  [punch]

Now I an into Stellvia, is pretty good so far, heavy on char development.  [:)]

Written on {{'2011-04-06T18:07:30-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="MewMint"]

My favorite moment is when Osaka takes Chiyo's buns off her head and uses them to fly.[/quote]

I'm about half way through the series now, and I'd say Osaka is definitely my favorite out of all of them...

Osaka and Chiyo are just hilarious...

Azumanga Style Volleyball....

[YouTube:RTMLpMgX-NA]

Written on {{'2011-04-01T16:30:53-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Ha~

Ya, Please Teacher was pretty good...  I liked it.  In fact, I even had Mizuho as my EggXpert avatar years ago, remember that? That caused a lot of confusion, didn't it? ha~

Written on {{'2011-03-30T17:58:15-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

Just finished watching Please Teacher.  I had the series on mei self for a long time.  Wow lots of romance and tugging at mei heart strings.  I really liked this series.  I am sure it helped that the female lead was voiced by the awesome gal that also voiced Mahoro the automatic maiden.  She has one of the rare voices that is so dreamy you just can not help but love any char she is working on.

I would suggest this series for serious romantics only as not much any thing else happens.  It is light on the comedy in favor of recreating those awesome feelings of 1st love and the precious events like 1st hugs, kisses, etc.

Written on {{'2011-03-29T13:51:17-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I can't bear Azumanga's dub. Osaka with a thick Southern accent x__x

But I've rewatched it twice now xD

My favorite moment is when Osaka takes Chiyo's buns off her head and uses them to fly.

Sometimes I wonder if the higher production in today's anime prevents more unusual shows like Azumanga from being made. I see a strong theme of moe and action, with less diversity. 

The number of garbage series is dropping, but it seems to be coming at the cost of unique art.

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 24 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2011-08-25T18:06:59-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback