Discussion {{'2011-04-07T14:30:23-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

GAME INSTALL

I am trying to reinstall MoH Pacific Assualt.  I install the first disk and no problem, then it ask me to intsall the second disk and thats when I get the problem...."Setup could not find a file on the specifed path or disk.  Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."  It ...

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

10 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2019-01-13T17:53:44-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Thank you for providing information about game settings, I really need such information.  vex 
Written on {{'2019-01-07T18:29:56-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I would like to introduce you to a question-and-answer forum for programmers, with all the areas you can research such as windows, android, java, python, c... the website: 
https://stackanswers.net 
Written on {{'2018-12-19T22:43:06-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

I'm happy about everything you bring it very interesting and helpful, thanks

basketball legends

Written on {{'2018-12-14T07:42:16-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
A VPN is not only the perfect way to unblock sites, but it also encrypts all of your online traffic, which helps you to be more private and secure while being
Written on {{'2018-12-12T22:21:52-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
There are times when we Factory Reset our phone and forget the Google Password. Google Password or Gmail ID Password is the most important thing.
Frp bypass
Written on {{'2018-03-09T17:41:14-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Top 1000 latest games and no installation required 2018, access: happy wheels
Written on {{'2011-04-15T10:23:34-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I get an error when I begin to install disc 2 with data3.cab. "Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk". I assume this is a Win7 Ultmate 64 compatibility problem, however I have not been able to find any fixes for this. If anyone has one please let me know. This same game (discs) works on XP 32 . I tried it on my daughters comp and can get it to work. I know it is an old game and now I'm obsessed with getting the game loaded again.
Written on {{'2011-04-13T19:53:11-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Ok I did all that Gametech. It is a 4 disk install and I made a folder for each disk. Copied each disk into thier own folder. Ran the first folder and once I clicked on the install. It said something about the cd key. So what I did next was tried to install it again, from the disks. And when it ask to put the 2nd disk in is when I get the problem. Now I noticed that this is what path it is looking for, I guess thats what it's looking for. "E:\setup"  Is this correct? I thought it should of been going into the folder that the first cd setup. And no this is not a pirate copy, it is a retail one. Either that or my 2nd disk might be damage but it looks good to me. I mean I have other ones worst off. I reread your post and you said. (copy all files, make sure you get the hidden ones too) Would I know if I got them or not? I just opened the cd up and copied all the folders and files, even the read me file.
Written on {{'2011-04-13T10:53:14-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

First off, yeah, don't use cracks but that would only come into play after install

Usually, Disk 1 contains all the setup and autorun files, Disk 2 - (whatever) usually consists of a single compressed data file.

I'm not familiar with that game in particular as I have never played but I would try just creating a folder on the desktop, call it temp or whatever, then go to Disk 1 (copy all files, make sure you get the hidden ones too) and past into the temp folder. Do the same for Disk 2.

Then open up the setup from the temp folder and install from there, you should have all data from both CD's in that folder which should eliminate the need for the CD. So unless the data on Disk 2 is in error because of a scratch or something it should work.

And if it is a pirated copy, well then that is your problem.

Written on {{'2011-04-07T17:15:19-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
Download the game from a Peer to peer site, Mount it using daemontools or whatever you use, then use your actual CD key rather then using the cracks... Had to do this for the Sims 2
From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 10 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2019-01-13T17:53:44-08:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback