Discussion {{'2011-04-16T12:54:09-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

What anime to keep & delete?

Im low on space, which anime are total garbage on list n shud be deleted? Thanks<3[[Image]][[Image]][[Image]][[Image]][[Image]]  ...

Please log on to comment on this discussion.

16 Comments
Sort by:
Written on {{'2011-04-19T17:32:29-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="MewMint"]I was not aware of that being the case. I thought most anime in Japan is limited edition, and simply isn't sold after the first few weeks.[/quote]  It's usually very expensive to run a store in Japan, especially in the city.. The only thing they'd carry is the hot new stuff, all the time..  But you can always buy whatever you want from the Japanese online stores like amazon.co.jp...  So it's not all limited edition though the stores are more likely to carry limited edition, especially when it costs a lot more and sells faster where shelf space is at a premium...

Written on {{'2011-04-19T15:21:47-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[quote user="Sidicas"]The more successful a series it, the more it seems to go down in price..

[/quote]I was not aware of that being the case. I thought most anime in Japan is limited edition, and simply isn't sold after the first few weeks. Then they have a few limited re-releases often of no more than a hundred copies at a later point in time. At least that's what I've picked up from posters at ANN.

Written on {{'2011-04-19T13:48:44-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="Sidicas"]

[quote user="products"]SHAME ON YOU! No Pokemon? [rofl]
[/quote]

YAAA~~ In college, of all the Japanese exchange students that I met..  Not one of them watched pokemon..  They typically watched either horror movies, drama or adult movies .... I was disappointed.. [:(] 

Your average Japanese person really doesn't know a whole lot about Anime other than a handful of the most famous ones..

The Anime industry is in bad shape..  I think they've got a lot of hope on the foreign markets for Anime...

[/quote]

Really?!?! Pokemon is the only one that I know about.  How funny!   I don't think I have seen them all but I saw a while ago Bye Bye, Pikachu or something like that. [:D]  A loooooooooong time ago though...  He was so cute. [:D]

Written on {{'2011-04-19T13:31:25-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
tell that to the inuyasha boxset... lol actually otaku's bieng filthy rich usually.. they spend it ALL on love pillows, figurines, wall scrolls, vidya games, fan service, lol.... I hear ya on Europe tho. In my time spent in germany the only people who knew of anime, were...well the Asian TRAVELERS i ran into in stuttgart. OH but!! they introduced Chobits recently, and had a super pretty huge custom painting of her there...
Written on {{'2011-04-19T11:21:28-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="MewMint"]I mean $1,500 for a 26 episode season does tend to force your consumer base down to a small number of people.

But from what I've heard they've almost given up on Europe entirely. 

[/quote]

The more successful a series it, the more it seems to go down in price.. I think the high price tag on those more obscure anime is to milk the Otaku crowd where they know they'll sell some copies.  Otaku are filthy rich in Japan, many of them work full time jobs and have no girlfriends to take out...

All the Animes that I've ever seen that were really successful in the USA ended up being dirt cheap in no time.. . Case in point..

Written on {{'2011-04-19T11:11:52-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[quote user="Sidicas"]You majored in Anime?[egypt]
[/quote]Yep. I got an A++ The extra + was for excellent taste [Y]

[quote user="Sidicas"]Your average Japanese person really doesn't know a whole lot about Anime other than a handful of the most famous ones..

The Anime industry is in bad shape..  I think they've got a lot of hope on the foreign markets for Anime...[/quote]Was there ever a time when that wasn't the case? I mean $1,500 for a 26 episode season does tend to force your consumer base down to a small number of people.

But from what I've heard they've almost given up on Europe entirely. 

Written on {{'2011-04-19T10:11:21-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
I cleaned it out, except for like 10 shows. Lol, I did watch all of pokemon (200 sum episodes) of the first few seasons when i was in germany :P no need to keep it...
Written on {{'2011-04-19T10:08:08-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

[quote user="products"]SHAME ON YOU! No Pokemon? [rofl]
[/quote]

YAAA~~ In college, of all the Japanese exchange students that I met..  Not one of them watched pokemon..  They typically watched either horror movies, drama or adult movies .... I was disappointed.. [:(] 

Your average Japanese person really doesn't know a whole lot about Anime other than a handful of the most famous ones..

The Anime industry is in bad shape..  I think they've got a lot of hope on the foreign markets for Anime...

Written on {{'2011-04-19T07:46:37-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
SHAME ON YOU! No Pokemon? [rofl]
Written on {{'2011-04-19T05:48:59-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer
[quote user="MewMint"]

You'd have to buy an entire new wardrobe every single season. I would have failed several late year tests if I'd tossed all my > 3 month old notes.

[/quote]

[H]   You majored in Anime?[egypt]

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 16 Comments
  • Last Edited on {{'2011-04-19T17:32:29-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback