Community

Community
All discussions relating to our community

RIP

• Here is a thread to eulogize the recently departed.  Feel free to add comments or names.

[edited by: Tracer76, Tracer76]
    Rate this post:
  • Merv Griffin 82

Phil Rizzuto 89 

[edited by: fabulouscoops]
    Rate this post:
  • The 9 firefighters that recently got killed here in Charleston
    Rate this post:
  • Hal Fishman, 75 (Los Angeles news anchor)

[edited by: Meowmi]
    Rate this post:
  • 08/14/2007 

Yone Minagawa, who became the world's oldest person earlier this year, has died at a nursing home in southwestern Japan, an official said Tuesday. She was 114.

Minagawa, who raised four sons and a daughter on her own by peddling flowers and vegetables, died of old age Monday, said Toshiro Tachibana, an official at the nursing home in Fukuchi, 520 miles southwest of Tokyo.

[edited by: SovetCryptix]
    Rate this post:
  • Mike Wieringo. Comic Book Artist and all around cool guy.

Scott Kurtz had some really nice things to say about him on his blog at: http://www.pvponline.com/blog/3480/friendly-dolphins

Never knew him, but I've known people like him. You never know how special they are till they're gone.

Rate this post:
  • I don't know if this would be considered "recently departed" but worth mentioning.

Milton Friedman 1912 - 2006.  The most influential economist in modern times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_friedman  

Rate this post:
  • ** Edited by Admin**

Edit Notes: Due to the serious nature of this thread, jokes are not appropriate.  

[edited by: jcarlos, jcarlos]
    Rate this post:
  • I dont know if i should mention the name, but a girl in my grade passed away a few years ago.

If you are riding in a car with an i***t screwing around, please wear a seat belt at the very least. 

Rate this post:
  • http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/07/army_canineteam_070722w/

At first I thought I lost a brother... then I read the article and realized I lost two...

Made me sad, but made me smile, too.

Rate this post:
  • May all those who died in the Peruvian earthquake rest in peace.

Rate this post:
  • Frank Baldwin

Died June 13, 2007 @5:02pm

Father of 4, grandfather of 9.

Died at the age of 52,     Pancreatic Cancer 

Frank was my, "to be" father-in-law, was a good guy. found out he had cancer after being mis-diagnosed for Pneumonia for over a year (da*n horse doctors down here) He fought for 4 years, with every penny he had to survive, thought he went into submission in December and the doctor decided to hold off on any more treatments for a month to see were they stood with it, by the time he had his check-up in January, it was to late, it had spread to his lungs, liver, kidneys. The doctors fought it vigorously only to give up.

On June 3rd he told me he felt weak, June 4rth, he went to the hospital, they treated him for a failing liver, he came home that night, June 7th he could barely walk, June 8th he needed a cane, June 9th he needed a walker, June 10th he was in a wheel chair, June 11th he lost consciousness, And then drew his last breath on the 13th

In his final months he took care of everything for his family, down to the grave, casket, paid for it, signed everything over to those he wanted to have it.

On June 2nd he and his family decided to goto to DollyWood for a last family outing, they said he seemed fine when they were there.

he went very quickly, about the only descent thing I can say about it.

Rate this post:
  • Bobby Fisher 64

eccentric World Chess Champion 

Rate this post:
  • RIP any service member that has given the ultimate sacrifice for their country in past, present, and future wars.
    Rate this post:
  • fabulouscoops:

Bobby Fisher 64

eccentric World Chess Champion 

He praised the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, saying, "I want to see the U.S. wiped out,"

He doesn't deserve a post. 

Souce: Here

Rate this post: