QuestionPosted on {{'2017-03-15T06:32:39-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}

trying to build a computer and need assistance

I'm looking at building a computer since it's just as cheap to do that as it is to buy one and it will be better. I need to make sure all parts are compatible. Motherboard  BIOSTAR TA970 Ver. 5.3 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU AMD FX-4300 Vishera Quad-Co...

Please log on to answer this question.

1 Answers
Sort by:
Written on {{'2017-03-15T10:44:23-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Selected Answer

What is your budget?  What is it being used for?  I have some concerns, but it may also be a price-point decision.

Also, there's no graphics card.  The 4300 does not have integrated graphics, so do already have a graphics card?  

The CPU does come with a heatsink and fan, so that part is covered.

Do you have a case already?  No OS is listed - are you running a freeware version of Linux or plan on purchasing an Windows 10 license, or something else?  Since you have no optical drive, you'll need to get a USB install of the OS if Windows unless you are cannabalizing a different machine, which should be fine for an optical drive.

But in general, the CPU is a socket AM3+ and the motherboard supports AM3+.

You don't list specific RAM to verify, but the motherboard does support DDR3 1066 (which is what I think you meant?) so there is a high likelihood it will be compatible (but can't say for sure).

From Topics:
Archive

Post Stats

• 0 Followers
  • 1 Answers
  • Last Edited on {{'2017-03-15T16:15:00-07:00' | moment:'fromNow'}}
Feedback